7th Historical Field Trip, Sunday 25 November

Discussion in 'Public Events' started by Lina, Nov 11, 2012.

7th Historical Field Trip

Start Date: Sunday 25 November 20:00 PM
End Date: Sunday 25 November 22:00 PM
Time zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
Town centre,
None
Confirmed Attendees: 6
You can not Sign Up for this event
This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have Signed Up Yes: 6
  1. Lina Chief

[IMG]

Needlehole. Near the Shire borders. Visited by travelling dwarves going to and from the Blue Mountains. A good place to visit if one is to learn more about the relationship between hobbits and the other races. Welcome to the seventh hobbit historical field trip!

Date: Sunday November 25th, 2012
    Time: 8PM GMT, 3PM servertime

About the field trip

What are the relations between hobbits and the other races? Were we really subject to a longshank king a long time ago? Who built the roads and bridges in the Shire? How are hobbits impacted by events in other parts of Middle Earth?
    Answers to these questions, and possibly more, may be given during our seventh historical field trip in hobbit lands. There are no guarantees, though!

Meet up in the center of Needlehole. After a short stroll outside of town, our historians will present stories, tales, poetry and/or songs related to hobbit lore. Food WILL be served, but of course, any hobbit knows that the safe bet is to bring some of yer own.

Want to know more about hobbit history? Then come along!

OOC details

This is the seventh in our series of hobbit field trips, held approximately every six months! As usual, the event aims to combine a few lectures/stories of hobbit lore with songs, poetry and entertainment.

Previous events have been to:
    • Greenfields (autumn 2009)
    • The Three-Farthing Stone (spring 2010)
    • Girdley Island/Brandywine river (autumn 2010)
    • Adso’s camp/Bree (spring 2011)
    • Buckland (autumn 2011)
    • Return to Greenfields (spring 2012)
    Given the subject matter, this is very much a hobbit-preferred event. Should the odd lore-seeking dwarf or longshank interested in hobbit lore choose to show up, they won’t be chased away, but of course, you just KNOW that it will be much more fun if you rolled up a hobbit alt for the evening, don’t you? If not, be prepared for puzzled looks and the odd comment about your beard and/or height during the night.

People are encouraged to listen raptly to the given lectures, and to save most of the questions to the breaks. It goes without saying that this is a IC event, but remember that our historians have been known to go for a tall, exciting tale more than strict lore accuracy.

The field trip should last between 1,5- 2 hours.

Welcome along! Have fun!
    Tibba, Lully, Rowana and 2 others like this.
  2. Simbo Bandmaster of the Songburrow Strollers

Less than a week to go! Will I get my epic poem finished on time...?
  3. Rowana Voluntary Assistant Chief (Semi-retired)

I shall be bringing a small keg of brandy on the trip, as it is sure to be a little bit damp underfoot. A complimentary tot of brandy for all who attend should keep that marsh air at bay.
    Tibba likes this.
  4. Simbo Bandmaster of the Songburrow Strollers

It's tonight! *Cheers*

And I've managed to complete my epic poem in time!
  5. Lina Chief

Hooray! Welcome everyone, there'll be tales, stories, poetry and food! See yer in Needlehole tonight!
  6. Rowana Voluntary Assistant Chief (Semi-retired)

Lets hope my notes don't meet an unhappy end in one of the murky pools around the Rushock Bog. See you later hobbits.
  7. Simbo Bandmaster of the Songburrow Strollers

What a wonderful field trip! *Cheers loudly*
  8. Simbo Bandmaster of the Songburrow Strollers

9. Lully Member

Oh, damns! I missed it!

I've been a poorly hobbit of late, not getting out of me burrow much if at all. See you all soon I hope.