1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Peculiar Letter From Mayor Whitfoot

Discussion in 'Rumours & Gossip' started by Hilldi, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Hilldi Member

ScreenShot01141.jpg
    As of late, Mayor Whitfoot in Michel Delving might have a slightly concerned look about his face. But that is probably just a result of his latest squabble with Lobelia and Mundo Sackville-Baggins, no?

2. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

Eh, Lobelia is up to her old tricks again? Probably complaining about all them fireworks of late. I had me an old grump yelling at me fer setting off some over the last days. But they are so much fun!
  3. Jiro Master of the Forge

*snorts*

Who doesn't like fireworks? Hope no one has fallen down one of those holes I've dug looking for ore.
  4. Hilldi Member

Maybe there's been some sort of bother about the fireworks then? Maybe, maybe not.
  5. Rowana Chief

Place: The Stables, Michel Delving, The Shire

One of the junior stable hands, a young lad by the name of Hobson Cratchet mentioned that he had received a most unusual request – six ponies with heavy saddle bags be prepared with all haste and what is more they were needed for a long journey, several days at least. Beyond the Marish for sure or even up over the Greenfields but he couldn't be pressed for more details, saying only that "he had been paid well in good coin and he really shouldn't have said any more seeing as those folk over at Songburrow are always coming and going on peculiar errands"...

Later than same evening a local craftsman returning home remarked that he had overheard a conversation specifically mentioning the village of Oatbarton and some trouble and mischief that had taken place there with failed crops and mushrooms... or lack of them. Being a worldly sort and partial to a plate of lightly buttered mushrooms himself, he was somewhat intrigued but the two hobbits quickly departed, saying nothing further.