Approved Bethlen

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Lina, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Lina Chief

((1, In-character introduction))

Bethlen sits at her new desk, chewing on her pen nib absentmindedly while staring at the blank sheet of paper in front of her.

"Yuck!" She coughs out, spitting black ink everywhere.

With a sigh, the young Hobbit Lass scrunches up the now ink splatted paper, and tosses it into the bin.

Dear Sir or Madam.... She writes,

"oh no, that won't do", she thinks, wrapping her dark hair around a finger,

"Far too formal!"

Another sheet of paper rattles in the bin, and she tries again, searching for the right note to begin the letter on, but having as much success as she does hitting the right note on her Pa's Bagpipes.

The Basket steadily fills and then overflows with failed attempts....

Dear most excellent and admirable Hobbits,

It has been my pleasure to get to know some of you fine folk since I came over-the- Hill to the Market one evening and I would very much like to use what few skills I have to aid you in your task (even Meema agrees!).

I don't know half of you as well as I should like but I look forward to making all of your acquaintance should I be admitted in to your society. I don't know half as much as I should about the world out of bounds, and I don't know all I do know half as well I should! However, I'm a quick study, I work hard, and I know that you stick the pointy end of the knife into the Wolf if you have to!

Yours Hopefully,
    Bethlen Bindbole

1 Harrow Road, Oldfurlong

((2, RP Experience))

I've been role-playing in one form or another ever since my brother and his friends needed a Princess Leia for their playground games of 'Star Wars'! Most of my role-playing has been of the tabletop variety where I've played and run campaigns of Star Wars, D&D, Serenity/Firefly and many others. I've also done some forum based RP from time to time. Rumours of me being seen at a LARP are unconfirmed....

I don't have a huge amount of 'XP' (see what I did there?) with role-playing in a MMORPG as most I've found tend to drop the last three letters and be all about 'endgame raiding and pwning punk azz newbs' and such so re-discovering LOTRO as a proper RPG has been an enjoyable experience! I'm still getting used to how things work and the etiquette involved, as well as trying to sort out my typing and not make so many errors that lead to my chat "LOoking lik this /7smile"

((3, LOTRO Experience))

I was active on the Forums pre-beta and was involved in a small portion of the Beta testing process and bought the game at launch. However, launch happened to be at the same time as me splitting up with an Ex and moving house so I never really got into LOTRO and I don't think I got a character past level 15-20 or so. I tried again at one point but again RL issues were my downfall.

A short while ago, a hunt for a Mathom in the attic unearthed my game box, I booted it up as I was between MMO's having decided the 'endgame' part wasn't for me (again), discovered my account had poofed and Turbine was running the whole show now, so I started again, and here I am!

((4, Character))

Bethlen is a low level Burglar (currently 29ish I think) Still in her tweens. Crafting wise she enjoying making weapons and racing Miss Nimelia for Ore! She is my main character although I have filled all my slots as I always do!

*stands up in front of the group* "Hi everyone, my name is Ffion and I'm an Altaholic!"
  2. Lina Chief

A warm welcome to the Order, miss Bethlen! *cheers*
  3. Simbo Bandmaster of the Songburrow Strollers

Welcome, Miss Bethlen! It is a pleasure to have you with us!