Approved Daffney

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Lina, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

Dear Secretary of the Grand Order,

My name is Daffodil Tentoes, but I'm usually known as Daffney. I have returned home from a long holiday and sadly find that many of my old friends of People of the Shire have gone away on their own journeys. I'm delighted to see that the Order has accepted my twin brother Wiberic into its ranks and would be equally delighted if I could be accepted too.

I'm a simple lass, but hearing about the Order and what they do perks up my curiosity. I like learning about mathoms and have a thirst to explore the Shire some more. I suppose you could say I'm like a bath sponge, I like to absorb things. I want to know more about the history of our home and be able to impress folk with my knowledge.

What can I offer to you fine fellows? I love to go fishing and would happily share my catches. I'd also be willing to teach folk how to fish. I enjoy being around people and like to see them smile. I enjoy music, listening and playing (attempting to!). I sing and have done on occasion in the Green Dragon. I wrote a poem named "Yuletide Cheer" which won the winter poetry competition some time back. I'd be happy to share it with you all! I want to be part of the Order and offer my skills, whether it be fishing, singing, music or poetry. I want to make many new friends and get to know older ones.

I look forward very much to hearing from you.
    Daffodil Tentoes

----
    There once was a lass named Daff,
    Who one day needed a laugh,
    She walked up to Wib and performed a jig,
    Therefore making the silly twins laugh.

That's a little limerick I came up with on the fly. I like doing things like that, coming up with funny poems, songs and such to make people laugh. I'm Daffodil Honey Isabella Sandybanks-Tentoes, but don't worry! You may call me Daffney. I'm a young, simple lass that enjoys fishing, sewing lovely clothing and tormenting my twin, Wiberic. I'm a very sociable Hobbit that enjoys being out and about, meeting new folks and bumping into old friends. I make coin by fishing and selling my catches at the market. It's a job, but I enjoy it!
    Rubysue likes this.
  2. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

Welcome to the Order, miss Daffney!
  3. Rubysue Member

Welcome, Daffney!
  4. Simbo Bandmaster of the Songburrow Strollers

Welcome to the Grand Order, Miss Daffney! And Hurrah for poems!
  5. Potty Member

Hullo Miss Daffney!

Welcome ter the Grand Order!
  6. Rubellita Member

Welcome, Miss Daffney! Great to have you with us.
  7. Wiberic Member

Here's trouble. Welcome and all that!
  8. Daffney Member

Thank you, thank you! Glad to have joined you all!
  9. Pycella Member

A warm welcome from me as well, Miss Daffney! Glad to have another grand poet among us. *cheers*