Approved Freoda

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Lina, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Lina Chief

Dear hobbits,

thank you again for the grand offer to join your ranks. To make it all correct, let me properly introduce myself.

My name is Freoda Hornwood, a woodworker and hobby cartographer. I came to you from Bree, where my family has lived for several generations. My father, Filibert Hornwood, is a woodworker too, my mother Camelia Hornwood, né Brockhouse, is a cook. I have also an older sister Donamira, already married to Rogo Tunnelly and a younger brother Alaric.

I was born on the 14th day of Frery according to the Bree calendar, in Shire you call this month Afteryule, 28 years ago. It was a hard winter, as my father always mentions. I spent in Bree the next 28 years among the Bree hobbits and also the Big folk. I have been always curious what lies beneath the borders of Bree land, maybe therefore I grew interested in old documents, family trees and especially maps. As a tradition in our family, each woodworker gathers the wood by him- or herself. So I spend much time outside and use this time not only for gathering wood, but also for drawing maps. I mentioned this before, but my biggest goal is to make a grand map. To achieve this, I am prepared to travel to distant lands and maybe also face some adventures, even if unlikely for a hobbit.

Short after my 28th birthday I decided to leave Bree and settled down in Shire. Here I continue my work, both woodworking and map making. In my free time I enjoy playing harp and occasionally flute. I love beer and hate when it is waterish. I like meeting people, regarding race, but hate unfriendly or rude ones. Before I met you, my only friend in Shire was a good friend of our family, master Darstein, a dwarven cook, who currently lives in Needlehole and supplies me with food. He knows how bad I am at cooking and that I would set my burrow on fire while preparing something more complicated that boiled eggs or tea. You do not need to worry, if you come for a visit, I will have some cakes baked by master Darstein, not by me. Currently I live in Oldfurlong.

I am looking forward to meet you all.

With regards
    Freoda Hornwood
  2. Lina Chief

A warm welcome to the Order, miss Freoda! *cheers*
  3. Freoda Member

Thank you, miss Lina.
  4. Rowana Voluntary Assistant Chief (Semi-retired)

A pleasure to meet you at the Hall yesterday evening, it was an eventful night and it is always a pleasure to welcome new members of the Order.
  5. Akelay Member

Welcome to the Order for a great artist! *cheers*
    But, a dwarven cook in Needlehole? Dear me, auntie Iris did not tell me about that!