Approved Mundugus

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Lina, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

Hullo!

My name is Mundugus Stoutfoot from sunny Longbottom. I grew up on the pipe-weed farm of my parents, and if my father had his way I'd take over the farm whenever he deems the time for retirement has come. Unfortunately I have been more interested in books, maps and history ever since I was a little boy. Not that I'd have had access to many books or maps as my father thought that "humbug like that is a total waste of a hard-working hobbit's time". My greatest treasures were a book about the history of postage stamps and a rather crude map of the Shire my uncle Mundofred had bequeathed to me.

A while ago I decided to leave the ol' farm to travel and see more of the Shire. As my father sees little sense in that and has no money to spare for this nonsense I picked up a job as a postman. I met members of the Order at the Lithe picnic on the Hill for the first time and was immediately fascinated by the study of Mathoms. Miss Tibba (our degree of kinship might be another fascinating area of study) showing around Mathoms during tea in Songburrow hall strengthened my wish to join up.

I have recently written an additional line to a well-known poem that reflects my thoughts:

The Road goes ever on and on
    And I don't know where it may lead.
    So many dears and friends have gone,
    To far away do noble deed.
    Looking down the empty road,
    My heart tells me to follow thee
    To where along it you have flowed.
    I am afraid. But also free.

I am glad an proud to be along for the ride!

Mundugus
    Tibba, Rubysue and Primrrose like this.
  2. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

Welcome to the Grand Order, master Mundugus! It is grand to have another Stoutfoot with us!
  3. Potty Member

Hullo, Master Mundugus!

Welcome ter the Grand Order!
  4. Simbo Bandmaster of the Songburrow Strollers

Welcome to the Grand Order Master Mundugus!
  5. Rubellita Member

Welcome, Master Mundugus!
  6. Primrrose Member

Welcome to the Order!

Primrrose and Hudosuld
  7. Rubysue Member

Welcome!
  8. Neti Member

Welcome to the order!
  9. Mundugus Member

Thank you all very much! All of you really make it easy to feel right at home. Now I only need to learn how to identify them Mathoms!