Approved Potty

Discussion in 'Applications' started by Lina, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Lina Chief

An Introduction

*written with the utmost care, but unfortunately still not lookin' very tidy*

Dear members of the Order,

I'm the lad that goes by the name Potty.

Actually that's not me real name, but just what some folk have been callin' me since I was
    a little lad. Mostly because I could not keep me mouth from making foolish remarks on the
    most inappropriate of times. It took me quite some time ter realise it's better ter think before
    yer speak! And I have trouble with that still.

Me full name is Potiphar Nutbutter II, named after me grandpa and I was born on the
    twenty eight day of afterlithe thirty five years ago.

Us Nutbutters are a proud family of farmers, me grandpa bein' the only exception to that.
    We mostly farm vegetables, but also keep some lifestock and grow some decent pipeweed.
    I grew up with me father on a small farmhouse, near Brockenborings, where me dad taught
    me all he knows. I especially fancied them lessons of growing' pipeweed. And sneakin'of into
    the woods ter have long strolls.

Life on the farm was good, until one day me dad told me he was moving ter a small burrow
    in Brockenborings. He had decided it was time fer him ter retire and told me he had rent out
    the farm fer the time bein'. Ter me he said, "Potty, I knew yer will one day come back to this
    farm, but I think it's time fer yer ter go wander about in the Shire and live life a bit".

That gave me quite a scare, as I never expected ter leave that ol' farm. This happened
    almost a year ago, and I have been wandering the Shire since, even though I have
    found meself a nice burrow in Harville.

Luckily it's easy ter meet friendly Hobbits in the Shire! And I have been enjoyin' their
    grand company and celebrations fer quite some time, mostly keepin' ter me self,
    but always smilin'.

I'm quite unadventureous and I try ter keep me life simple and merry. I'm sure it's no
    good fer Hobbits ter go about and be heroic and all! And with the grand life in the Shire,
    there's no need ter go meddlin', in affairs that outsize a Hobbit.

However stories of adventure and life outside of the Shire do have taken me interest and I
    sometimes wonder.

Friendly regards,
    Potty Nutbutter
  2. Simbo Bandmaster of the Songburrow Strollers

Welcome to the Grand Order, Master Potty!
  3. Lina Chief

Aye, a warm welcome, master Potty, grand to have yer with us!
  4. Nimelia Voluntary Assistant Chief

Welcome to the Order, Master Potty!

Always grand to add a fine Hobbit such as yourself to our ranks, and you will fit right in, I am sure - after all, you probably know the house rules: Biscuits are good, bagpipes are bad, and ponies dine at Simbo's.
    Tibba likes this.
  5. Rubellita Member

Welcome to the Order, Master Potty! *cheers*
    Hope we'll meet soon!
  6. Lully Member

Hello and welcome, master Potty!
  7. Vedoc Member

*raises his pipe* Welcome master Potty!