Story Show And Tell Short Tales

Discussion in 'Stories & Tales' started by Lina, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

Hullo!

OOC: For some reason, we don't really have a dedicated place for posting screenshots on our notice board, at least not those not tied to larger event threads. That won't do, so here is a place yer can add those grand drawings yer make in the game and that don't belong in other threads: Spectacular views, fun glitches, hobbits having fun together, drawings from regular RP meetings, homestead wanderings, shrew stomping, etc. Of course, it would be grand if yer added just a short text to the drawings so we can see why and when they were made. Have fun and be creative, hobbits!
    Tibba likes this.
  2. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

frosty shell cave.jpg
    During a recent trip up north to Frosty Shell, the Mathomers and friends found themselves in an icy cave. There were quite some sights there, but dang, was it ever cold...

frosty shell campfire.jpg
    It was quickly ruled that a campfire could be grand to thaw up a bit. It seems others loved the idea too... From the left: Fleuralis, Nimelia, Lina, Bilbeto, Simbo, Skiye.

frosty shell fight.jpg
    Of course, some silly big feller didn't approve of the campfire, so he saw fit to come stomp it out. The hobbits didn't quite agree, and things soon got out of hand...

OOC: From a visit to Sâri-surma, during one of the Order's regular Saturday adventures.
    Tibba, Potty, Akelay and 2 others like this.
  3. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

stoutfoots aplenty.jpg

A tale of two Stoutfoots? Tibba meets a possible distant Bree-lands relative by the hobnanigans fields.
    Tibba, Potty, Rubellita and 3 others like this.
  4. Akelay Member

Oh, nice idea! I have to very nice pictures of fishing expeditions we did. Well, we did some other stuff on the way, too, but of course fishing was the most important thing!

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Tibba, Potty, Lina and 1 other person like this.
  5. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

budgeford journey.jpg

On a recent journey through Budgeford, I arrived just before dawn. It is quite a nice village down there by the river!

budgeford pig tips.jpg

Once there, one of the locals could hardly wait ter share his pork wisdom with me.

(click on image if yer need to see a larger version)
    Mollywobbles, Tibba, Lully and 3 others like this.
  6. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

Note: I made a screenshot from a sought-after area in the next update, currently in beta. I won't post the image here directly, though, in case folks would like to be surprised by how things look there. If that's no worry to you, then just click the direct link below.

Short story: I was halfway through the Paths of the Dead before I remembered I had left me biscuits at home...
    http://www.linawillow.org/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/paths-of-the-dead-02.jpg
    Mollywobbles, Neti, Tibba and 2 others like this.
  7. Akelay Member

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Tibba, Simbo and Lina like this.
  8. Akelay Member

Pony Paradise - when Cousin Simbo is out of bounds, travelling

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Tibba, Lully, Simbo and 2 others like this.
  9. Simbo Bandmaster of the Songburrow Strollers

I clicked "Like" for that, when they really should be a "Grumble" button... *Grumbles*
    Tibba and Akelay like this.
  10. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

angmar 01.jpg

A lanky had run away with the pot we wanted fer our turtle soup! Naturally, this could not stand, this aggression against hearty meals, so we went north to recover the old thing, we did. Akelay, Fleuralis, Tibba, Potty, Pennyroyal, Lina, Nimelia and Anysia.
    Tibba and Akelay like this.
  11. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

picnic 01 beaver.jpg

Nine out of ten beavers love dancing to the Songburrow Strollers! (the tenth was gnawing on the table).

From the Grand Summer Picnic and the Strollers Summer concert, where miss Yidia celebrates with her prize from Lobelia's Hill Pie Rolling Run. She won the "Sudden Arboreal Stop" prize after a close encounter with a tree!
    Patula, Tibba, Nimelia and 2 others like this.
  12. Akelay Member

Concerning Turtle Soup

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Tibba, Lina, Patula and 2 others like this.
  13. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

huorn lawn.jpg
    So, should this be the next yule tree in Songburrow? Snowy Fangorn Huorn, a SMALL yard decoration *shivers*. Look at the size of that thing! The hobbit down there on the left is inserted for size comparisons...

Luckily, a short time later, the beaver had gnawed it down...
    Mollywobbles, Akelay and Tibba like this.
  14. Simbo Bandmaster of the Songburrow Strollers

Did that Hobbit Peter Jackson design it, do you think....? *Winks*
  15. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

*shivers* Only ten years ago, I thought Peter Jackson could do no wrong...
  16. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

stone of erech.jpg

Greetings from the Stone of Erech, where honey oats are fulfilled!
    Rubysue likes this.
  17. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

drinking hobbit.jpg

I am inclined ter take him at his word...
    Pycella, Akelay, Tibba and 1 other person like this.
  18. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

lost temple 01.jpg
    From the left: Sesine, Tibba, Lina, Elrond, Pennyroyal, Claramay, Nimelia.

Six lasses were lost in the temple that once was lost, but now was found, to investigate a new-found plague of sorts. After a ferocious few battles, master Elrond showed up. Yer think he was the source of the plague?

Grand decorations in there, though, very tasteful use of yellow!
    Akelay, Lully, Patula and 2 others like this.
  19. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

turtle hungry.jpg

This might be how a biscuit feels when a hungry hobbit gets near their jar... *shivers*

I ran into this feller down in them western Gondor areas. Scary turtles...
    Potty, Akelay, Lully and 2 others like this.
  20. Tibba Voluntary Assistant Chief

Now this is something you don't see every day, or rather night...

Screenshot.jpg
    Mollywobbles, Akelay, Neti and 4 others like this.