Strange Dream

Discussion in 'Stories & Tales' started by Freoda, May 18, 2013.

1. Freoda Member

Few days ago I had a strange dream. Since then, I could not stop to think about it. The strangest thing is, I don’t remember much of it, only fragments, covered in mist and a feeling. The feeling is indeed the strongest memory I have. I tried to put in on paper, drew a picture, but it’s so smudgy. So I thought, maybe I should speak with someone about it.

I had a common day, spent working on a new bookshelf for mister Andy Brockhouse (By the way I think he could be some relative to me, as my mother’s maiden name is also Brockhouse) So it was a common day, without any bigger problems, except the broken teapot and spilled tea... Anyway…I finished my work short after 8 o’clock, had my hot bath and a nice supper. I went to bed, closed my eyes and fell asleep. And then it happened…
    [IMG]
    I was suddenly on a strange place I have never been before. Tall trees with an unusual yellow colour, in the middle of that place some pillars, statues and … a woman. I would say she was some of the Big folk, as she was too high for a hobbit or a dwarf. But I can’t say how she looked like. I really don’t remember. What I know is, she was beautiful. And she spoke to me.
    [IMG]
    Next what I remember, I woke up..

My dear Hobbits, what do you think. Could this be caused by the Sausages and Mash,
    [IMG]
    Bowl of Oatmeal,
    [IMG]
    Perch Fillet,
    [IMG]
    Spiced Apple Pie,
    [IMG]
    a very small Raspberry Tart
    [IMG]
    and Shire Spice Ale I had for supper?

[IMG]
    *still confused*
    Tibba, Spriggy, Rubellita and 2 others like this.
  2. Lina Chief

How strange! Perhaps yer should have eaten a larger raspberry tart?
  3. Freoda Member

Do you also think, the tart was too small, miss Lina? I am glad that someone else shares my opinion. It was really only a tiny piece *sighs*
  4. Spriggy Member

As there is definitely something fishy about your dream, i'd say it was the Perch Fillet. Are you sure you didn't have any strange mushrooms, though?
  5. Freoda Member

*hard thinking* No, I am sure I had no mushrooms Miss Spriggy. So you mistrust the perch? Next time I will carefully inspect each fish I will eat. Thank you for the tip.
  6. Tibba Voluntary Assistant Chief

Looking over all the dishes, I too think it was the size of the tart. With that minuscule size, I'd recommend eating at least four or five. Of course, it could also have been a lack of mushrooms, that always tends to get me a bit restless. A mushroom pie of reasonable size can help with that, perhaps after the sausages.

A most peculiar dream, by the way. Can't say I have ever seen a lass that looked like the one in your painting. Do you remember what she said?
  7. Freoda Member

*nods in agreement* The tart, I knew it... Next time I eat at least four of them. I am really glad, that I have so many wise hobbits around me *bows to everyone*

Hm... let me think, miss Tibba. I only knew she said something about ''danger'' and ''what may happen'' and that's all. Aww... I can't remember. I got disconcerted by the horribly small tart.
  8. Tibba Voluntary Assistant Chief

Ah well, it was probably about what may happen when there's not enough tarts. That sure is a danger to the belly, after all.
  9. Akelay Member

Although it is usually the dace that goes well with mushrooms, it can't hurt to have a plateful of stuffed mushrooms anyway, and, of course, some more and larger tarts before you go to sleep next time! And some dace, too, while you're at it. And perhaps some catfish cakes with it?