The Big Budgeford Bacon Bash, Sunday 2 July

Discussion in 'Public Events' started by Lina, Jun 11, 2017.

The Big Budgeford Bacon Bash

Budgeford, Milo Bolger's farm
Confirmed Attendees: 5
Start Date: Sunday 2 July 19:30 PM
End Date: Sunday 2 July 21:30 PM
Time zone: Europe/London +01:00 BST
You can not Sign Up for this event
This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have Signed Up Yes: 5
The following users have Signed Up Maybe:
  1. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

[IMG]

A pork-flavoured, farm-located Grand Summer Picnic! Come pat the friendly farm animals, eat grand food, marvel at the tranquil Shire farm life and have fun! And enjoy the grand premiere of the play “Ode to Ol' Bloodtusk!

Date: Sunday July 2
    Time: 7:30PM UK (2:30PM servertime)
    Location: Milo Bolger’s farm just NE of Budgeford, The Shire, Laurelin server

Time to visit Milo Bolger outside Budgeford again! Yer will be hard-pressed to find a finer farm in the Shire. As hard-pressed as the local apple cider, that is. Just perfect for a summer picnic with lots of bacon!

Additionally, a local theatre troupe is about to do what them G.L.O.B.E. fellers in Winterhome never managed: Write and perform a play called "Ode to Ol' Bloodtusk". After the dress rehearsal during yule, it is now time for the grand premiere, during the Big Budgeford Bacon Bash. Come and be enchanted by this tale of Bristling Boars and Boorish Bounders!

Things to look forward to:
    • The grand premiere of the play "Ode to Ol' Bloodtusk - The Breeland Porxodus"!
    • Exploring the farm and patting the animals
    • Bacon!
    • Songs and dance
    • Grand food!
    • Bacon!
    OOC:

Please note, this is a roleplaying event primarily geared towards hobbits. Taller folks are welcome too if them manage to find the way to a distant hobbit farm.

Milo Bolger's farm is east of Budgeford, at map coordinates [30.7S, 64.5W]
    Tibba and Rubysue like this.
  2. Lina Voluntary Assistant Chief

pigs 02.jpg
    Bloodtusk and bounders

pigs 03.jpg
    Summerdays in the Shire

pigs 04.jpg
    We got stuck in the mud again!

Thanks everyone for coming, helping, taking part and adding to the fun! I hope yer had a grand time at the picnic, I surely had!
    Tibba, Pennyroyal, Lully and 3 others like this.
  3. Rubellita Member

It has been a grand evening and a grand event, Miss Lina. Thanks to your inventiveness and that nifty raffling trick by Master Simbo, it was a very varied program. Highlight ofcourse: the Ode to Old Bloodtusk! *cheers*

Also nice to mention: there was a lot of roleplaying going on and nobody seemed to mind that there was no music being played ALL the time! *cheers again*

I was so engrossed in it all, that I completely forgot to make sketches as well!
    Tibba and Pycella like this.
  4. Pycella Member

It must have been grand! *smiles* I am looking forward to another event like this, so that I can join too!
    Tibba and Potty like this.
  5. Rubysue Member

It was indeed grand! Ode to Old Bloodtusk was great and everyone played their parts very well, but it was hard to concentrate on with the air heavy with the smell of roastin' bacon and snausages. Amazingly, there seemed to be plenty when the eating part came around. I know I got my fill. which is saying something when it comes to bacon.

Thanks to all that worked on setting things up, it was wonderful!
    Tibba, Potty and Pycella like this.
  6. Pennyroyal Member

I've some drawings from the event:

[IMG]

The oinkers took up the front row for dancing

[IMG]

Pedigree porker Tom Trotter VII enjoyed the pibgorn.

[IMG]

With three Blutes, even those at the back could hear the music!
    Nimelia, Tibba, Rubysue and 5 others like this.
  7. Lully Member

What not to mention at Budgeford:

ScreenShot00556.jpg ScreenShot00557.jpg ScreenShot00558.jpg
    Nimelia, Pycella, Tibba and 5 others like this.