The Grand Shire Chicken Run 2013, Sunday 24 February

Discussion in 'Public Events' started by Simbo, Feb 2, 2013.

The Grand Shire Chicken Run 2013

Farmer Sandson's Farm
Confirmed Attendees: 5
Start Date: Sunday 24 February 19:30 PM
End Date: Sunday 24 February 21:30 PM
Time zone: Europe/London +00:00 GMT
You can not Sign Up for this event
This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have Signed Up Yes: 5
The following users have Signed Up Maybe:

The following users have Signed Up No:
  1. Simbo Bandmaster of the Songburrow Strollers

Recently much activity has been taking place at Farmer Sandson's Farm, with reports of Elven folk even coming to visit. After much rumour and gossip, Farmer Sandson revealed he has had an order for the finest Shire chickens from none other than Bilbo himself, who now resides over in Rivendell.

However, after an attack by the wolves roaming in neighbouring Dora Brownlock's farm, Farmer Sandson's chicken stock has been depleted and he desparately needs some more to send to Rivendell. Not only that, the journey to Rivendell is long and perilous, and willing volunteers are requested to come forward to help herd the chickens too.

[IMG]

OOC Details
    This event involves some players taking on one of the "Flying the Coop" Chicken Quests (ideally it will be the "Flying the Coop -- Trollshaws" quest) and then attempting to walk to Rivendell. A number of participants will also need to act as herders, mainly to protect the chickens from harm.

Whether you want to play a chicken, or be a herder, can be decided on the day.

Note: You don't actually have to complete the "Flying the Coop -- Trollshaws" quest when you get to Rivendell though.

For guides on chickens, see these links:

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Chicken_Play
    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Chicken_Session_Guide
    Vedoc, Lina, Rowana and 1 other person like this.
  2. Lina Chief

*clucks* Yay!
  3. Sevelda Voluntary Assistant Chief

Hrmm, I think I might send me chuck along this time. I wonder how hard it is to herd hobbits ...
  4. Lina Chief

5. Lina Chief

Tonight is the night, chucks and guards! Let's herd us some fowls!
  6. Simbo Bandmaster of the Songburrow Strollers

*Cheers*

Remember, you can still turn up even if you don't want to (or can't) be a chicken! Herders are also welcome!
  7. Sevelda Voluntary Assistant Chief

See you there!

Good cluck! *giggles*
  8. Tibba Voluntary Assistant Chief

Hooray! And I'll be sure to give Lina's chuck a lot of attention...
  9. Simbo Bandmaster of the Songburrow Strollers

Many thanks to everyone who came this evening!

I didn't really put much effort into organising it beforehand. It was just a case of turn up on the day and see what happens, so I appreciated all the help!

*Clucks happily*
    Tibba and Lina like this.
  10. Lina Chief

Sometimes it is grand ter just jump into things without planning it too much! It was grand good fun! Thanks Simbo!

More pictures one day soon, but here is one from the road!

[IMG]
  11. Lina Chief

Miss Daysi has a writeup from the run over on her new burrow:
    http://infinitepies.blogspot.no/2013/02/them-chickens-sure-run-fast.html

Oh, and here is one I added meself!

Chuck amuck

Almost 20 chucks set off into the world, trying ter reach Rivendell. Did them make it? Sure! Well, most…

The Grand Chicken Run 2013 was held yesterday! With a lot of herders at their beak and call, them chucks raced off into the wild. A couple of them feathery fellers did their best to end up in a pie before the night came to an end, by taunting snakes, boars and trolls along the way. Still, most flew all the way ter far-off Rivendell. Much flapping ensued, until them fowls noticed the hungry look in their herders’ eyes. Eep!

Chicken runs are grand fun! Especially fer them chucks, given that the chat channel inevitably fills with discussions about chicken food (deep-fried crickets…), poultry puns and Cluck Norris jokes. Besides, having near 20 herders look after yer safety provides that warm, fuzzy feeling. Until yer realise it comes from the campfire where them are preparing their lunch.

Thank yer all who came along fer the wild trip! Let’s do it again soon!

Over on the biscuity burrow there are some prime poultry pics for yer. Still, here are a couple ter whet yer appetites!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Tibba and Nimelia like this.
  12. Tibba Voluntary Assistant Chief

That was another fun run! We really should have these more often, it is always grand, for the herders and for the chucks.

Hooray for Master Simbo! *gives three clucks*
  13. Vedoc Member

Cluck, cluck, cluck! This was a really fun and relaxing night! well, fer the chucks at least *chuckles*
    Can't wait fer the next one!
  14. Rowana Voluntary Assistant Chief (Semi-retired)

Fabulous report and pictures, it looked an enormous amount of fun. I hope there will be another run which will give me ample time to become acquainted with our feathery friends.