What is Lost, May be Found

Discussion in 'Rumours & Gossip' started by Rowana, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Rowana Voluntary Assistant Chief (Semi-retired)

Place: Appledores Farm, Hobbiton, The Shire

There was much noise and commotion yesterday evening coming from Appledore's Farm where a large group had gathered to see the first performance of a new play, a rare treat in these parts. In the most part the residents of Hobbiton were good natured about the proceedings, but one well known resident in particular, one Lobelia Sackville-Baggins was said to be 'livid with rage'.

One local of Bagshot Row was overheard as saying 'Well that Lobelia would have been up there herself, complaining in the loudest tones, if it wasn't for some odd goings on that night. A gangly red-haired fellow was seen snooping about in and about the fields and the Row itself, can you believe? The Bounders were called and he was chased away thankfully, but not before he'd made off with some of me prized turnips and who knows what else...'

Another resident of Hobbiton later reported to folk in the Green Dragon 'That the red-haired 'thief' stole my wheelbarrow and three sacks of flour, an outrage I tell you. They say one of them party guests, a well to do one by all accounts had a purse of coins stolen too, one hundred silver pennies I tell you, one hundred!'